1. DESIGN CONCEPT STATEMENT & PRESENTATION BOARDS
Interior Design 25%
- Your write up will be the first component on the perspective boards that will be reviewed by thejudges. It should narrate the key pointers to yourdesign proposal and creates a good first impression
2. COLOUR CONCEPT
Interior Design 20%
- COLOUR HARMONY
Create a harmonious colour palette and balance between the selected colours through finishes materials, textures and leitmotifs.
- COLOUR COMMUNICATION
Ensure that colours work together in highlighting the design elements and communicating responsively with the audience through branding, way finding and typography.
- COLOUR INNOVATION
Implement inspired use of colours through material manipulation and creative tectonics to produce outstanding design features.
3. DESIGN INNOVATION
Interior Design 30%
Design must be appropriate for their intended use and have positive impacts that benefit the community as a whole.
- SPATIAL PLANNING
Appropriate design and planning of individual spaces as suited their specific needs with an emphasis on anthropometric and ergonomic principles.
- CREATIVE IDEATION
The design ideas must be innovative, cutting-edge, creative, original and informs the notion of out ofthe-box thinking.
- CRITICAL RESPONSE
Innovative interventions that manifest new and forward-driven ways that look into creating solutions that interact emotionally, emphatically, socially and culturally.
4. CRITICAL & FORWARD-THINKING
Interior Design 10%
- Employing a universal design language to address and investigate current issues with a critical thinking approach. Solutions should be critical, fresh and forward-thinking. The ideation of a new concept should embody the impression of questioning norms, challenging traditional archetypes and bettering humankind collectively
5. GREEN & SUSTAINABLE DESIGN CONCEPT
Interior Design 15%
- CLIMATE, ENERGY & WATER
Demonstrate optimization of the usage of energy and other resources in order to reduce load, increase efficiency and utilize renewable energy sources
- BUILDING MATERIAL & ECOLOGICAL ENVIRONMENT
Demonstrate the use of eco- friendly materials and construction techniques aimed at reducing environmental pollution. These will help prevent negative health effects and create safer working environments.
- INDOOR ENVIRONMENT QUALITY (IEQ)
The IEQ of a building has a great impact on its occupants’ health, comfort, and productivity.
A sustainable building will maximize the use of natural lighting and ventilation, as much as the building typology and other site – specific conditions allow
- GREEN INNOVATION PRACTICE
The design should include, where appropriate, both passive design strategies (usually low-tech) as well as active systems (usually high-tech) that require less maintenance, less resources, fewer chemicals, and are cost- effective throughout the lifespan of the building